FOX'S "THE FOUR" SEASON 1 CHALLENGER
Jefferson Clay is a 23 year old Singer-Songwriter from San Antonio, TX. A graduate of the University of Texas, he currently resides in Austin. Drawing influence from singer-songwriters like John Mayer, James Bay, and Eric Hutchinson, Jefferson Clay blends classic Singer-Songwriter feel with Soulful, Blues-edged, and Pop sensibilities.
Jefferson’s debut self-titled 5 track EP produced by Lisa Morales landed him on the Texas Music Pickers' "Breakthrough Artists" and "Top 15 Debut EPs and Albums" lists for 2015 where it was heralded as “Bracing, creative, and fun.”
In 2016, Jefferson Clay performed at SXSW for the BOSE New Nashville Showcase, for the University of Texas' premiere music & arts festival, Forty Acres Fest, and for the 3rd consecutive year, the Dripping Springs Songwriters Festival.
2017-2018 found Clay, along with being honored as a “New Folk” finalist at the Kerrville Folk Festival and maintaining residencies at a few small clubs in Austin, breaking into the national spotlight with a performance on Fox’s “The Four”. He received 4 “yes” votes from Diddy, DJ Khaled, Megan Trainor, and Charlie Walk, and his performances have millions of views worldwide. Jefferson Clay has opened for world-renowned artists including: Bob Schneider, Lisa Morales, Misterwives, Jack Ingram, Clint Black and Vallejo. Throughout his short career, he has won several prestigious songwriting competitions throughout Texas and Nashville, TN.
- 2015 Texas Songwriter U -WINNER- by The ASCAP Foundation & Texas Heritage Songwriters Association
- 2015 University of Texas Songwriters Competition -WINNER- by E+E Headliners Committee
- 2015 Stone Valley Songwriters Competition -WINNER- hosted by Helen Darling
- 2015 Texas Revue - FINALIST- by Texas Traditions
- Clint Black's "Competing For A Cause" -FINALIST- ABC Television Showcase.
- 2016 Texas Music Pickers "Top Pick" Competition - FINALIST
-2017 Kerrville New Folk Competition - FINALIST
-2018 Fox’s The Four - Challenger